Wednesday, March 19, 2008

More Signs of Spring

In the final 2-3 miles of my commute into Round Rock, I pass one of those horrible cookie-cutter subdivisions that for most of the year I try to ignore. This one is particularly nasty, as the privacy fence running along the back yards is in a continual state of decomposition and rebuilding. (Didja ever think about springing for the treated-wood, guys?)

For two weeks in the spring, however, it is transformed into a beautiful array of white blossoms. I've been told these are Bradford pear trees. I was really hoping to get a deep blue sky behind these lovely ladies, but between road construction and spring storms and a very short blooming period, I figured I had better take what I could get. Even under grey skies, they put on quite a show.


LSW

No comments: