Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Spring Vacation 2010, Day 2

Day 2 brought house cleaning and napping to our happy home. The dogs and cats are delighted to have Mom home and not glued to the computer. All the shades and drapes get opened when Mom is home, sun is shining through and creating warm pools on the carpet and all is well in their world.

We have a new fixture in the bedroom we have dubbed Cat Mountain. I am still shifting my belongings around and a good portion of the books have been packed in boxes awaiting the decision on whether I will add standalone bookcases or built ins. I'm trying not to make snap judgments as I pursue this project, so the boxes have been stacked against the wall for some time. I was getting a little tired of looking at them, so I came up with the idea of draping them with a sheet and blanket.

Cat Mountain is located directly next to the cat tower in the corner of the bedroom and the cats immediately adopted the new perch. A well used (by Boo) cushion was relocated to the top of Cat Mountain and Scout has decided that was a fine addition. A small table has been temporarily relocated on the opposite end of Cat Mountain, creating yet another level. There is nothing these cats like better than to be able to traverse a whole wall without having to touch their dainty feet to the floor.

They have barely left Cat Mountain since it came to life two days ago.

Scout grabs a quick bath while Boo and Dixie take naps.


I'm not sure this is any better than the original stack of boxes, but at least the cats are temporarily distracted and leaving me alone.

LSW

No comments: