Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Cafe Noir

A few months back I had made a vow not to buy any more containers for miniature scenes until I had finished some of the ones I already had on hand. However, one day I was in World Market and saw a glass terrarium that immediately spoke to me.

I had an instant vision of the mini scene I wanted to put into this black and glass terrarium. I decided it would be a black and white scene. I already had some of the things I needed in my stash, primarily two sets of cafe tables and chairs. It took awhile to find the other things in my vision.

The Texas Miniatures Showcase in Dallas was of great assistance in my quest. EBAY helped a lot.

Finally, late last week the final piece arrived in the mail and tonight I set out to create Cafe Noir, a little out of the way place to get a cup of coffee and a little something sweet to eat while you read your newspaper or your book or just look into your sweetheart's eyes.



(Very difficult to get good photo angles. I hope you get the idea.)
LSW

1 comment:

MiniKat said...

Very cool! I love it. :-)

The terrarium is just perfect for the whole setting.

Sometimes an entirely new setting will just happen upon us and take over. It's great when they're small and can be a quick project. :-)