Saturday, April 25, 2009

Pleased With Myself

I am in reunion prep mode. Every year at this time I am trying desperately to come up with material for a family history newsletter, while at the same time trying to come up with some items to contribute to the auction we hold to raise funds for the next year's reunion.

This year, as I mentioned in a previous post, I also tackled a display board. It turned out to be a whole lot more work than I had originally intended. I had all the photos prepared and the layout determined a week or so ago, but I could not figure out how to put the lines on the board to indicate descent.

Yesterday I took myself off to the craft store yet again, looking for ideas. I've spent a lot of time scouring the scrapbooking section looking for decorative stickers to add some pizazz and I've discovered a glaring omission from the available scrapbooking supplies. Someone really needs to come up with some colored tape to use for making lines and someone needs to come up with some arrow stickers.

I finally hit on a solution - ribbon and small copper colored brads. It worked perfectly and I finalized the display board this morning.

This has been a fun project and I expect I will do one for the other side of the family for next year's reunion. I have a small mountain of genealogy and family flavored stickers left over and now I know how to make lines.

One down. I'm almost done preparing the items for auction. I still have 3 pages of newsletter to write. And the printing and assembling of that.

I just may make it on time.

LSW

P.S. Still no sign of the stapler.

2 comments:

Bettye said...

Nice work. BKP

RMG said...

Might have to show up as a guest of Norman.