Sunday, March 08, 2009

More from the Cat Archives

Another old photo of another of the cats in my past. Dusty showed up at my house, sitting on the rooftop and too young and inexperienced to figure out how to get down. He very nearly earned the name Roofus for that stunt, but he settled on the name Gold Dust and ultimately Dusty. He had a voice that was worthy of Broadway, so I could not resist this photo op. He suffered from some undiagnosable ailment in his later years and one day took himself off and never returned.

Memory
All alone in the moonlight
I can smile at the old days
I was beautiful then
I remember the time I knew
what happiness was
Let the memory live again
LSW

2 comments:

MiniKat said...

I just wanted to say thank you for all the lovely posts you've been kind enough to share with the world. More than once one of your stories has made my day.

If you would like to accept a graphic for the "Premo Blog Award," please hop over to my blog for it. I listed your blog in the list of 15 to pass it on to because yours was one of the first blogs I found.

Thank you again for sharing bits of your world.

LSW said...

I'm always a little surprised that people find my blog in the first place and amazed that they keep coming back! Thank you for the kind words and thank you for the recognition. I'm so glad that you find something in my little meanderings that you enjoy. LSW