Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Dang Me

Yesterday I was between CDs of the latest audio book and decided to listen to the radio part of the way home. Big Red came with satellite radio and I have been enjoying Willie's Place, a source of real country music, not the pallid make-believe country music that is on current so-called country station playlists. (If you don't play a Hank, Patsy, Tammy or Willie song at least once an hour, you ain't no country station I want to be involved with.)

They dredged up an old Roger Miller song while I was listening. The man was a genius with lyrics. I sang along at the top of my voice, not missing one word of a song I have not listened to in several years.

So, this morning I pulled out my Roger Miller CD set. I love those old songs and I sang along all the way to work. Feel good music. Great way to start a Tuesday.

LSW

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beer drinking music. I don't drink at all anymore, but I still like Roger Miller!
Chug-a-lug and You can't rollerskate in a buffalo herd.... I think he must have drank a lot when he was writing.

Unknown said...

Kansas City Star..that's what I are..yodeledelayhee, you oughta see my car

Anonymous said...

Trailers for sale or rent...KING OF THE ROAD. And don't forget his voice for the rooster in the Disney version of Robin Hood.

LSW said...

I was always rather partial to a little song that was on an early album - If you every wanna get depressed, just come to this town..nothing to do from dinner to breakfast in this town..4 street lights and one ole grocery..I ain't long to stay here nosiree..I'm bound to take the next greyhound leaving this town. Reminded me a little of the small town I come from.

LSW

LSW said...

Also, he was fabulous as the troubador from the movie Waterhole #3.

LSW

Anonymous said...

Little toy trains....

Anonymous said...

OOPS! That should have been Old Toy Trains. How about Jim Reeves- Billy Bayou. Heard that one again today.