Friday, January 02, 2009

My Protectors

As you can maybe see from this terrible picture (I only had my cell phone with me today), the wee ones and I made the trek through the woods again today.

Mojo has decided he's not sure we should be doing these nature walks. It's a bit of a hike down to this 4-wheel-drive road, through real woods. A couple of times along the way he will stop and see if I will agree to go on back the way we came. When I refuse and keep going, he will hustle his little chubby bottom to catch up with me and try again a few minutes later. Once we reach the road, they love getting to run and smell who has been there before us. Road = civilization. Woods = Mom may have lost it.

I really think if we were to meet up with anything of concern, I would have to tell them. For all their nervous worrying today, they missed seeing the rabbit they flushed out of hiding. He scampered away, little powder puff tail bouncing like a white flag - and both dogs were investigating a boring grass clump and could not be bothered. Well, maybe it had an intriguing smell, but I bet it was not as interesting as seeing Peter Cottontail hopping down the trail. It's just as well. I don't think they could have caught him, but they might have hurt themselves trying and I certainly didn't want Peter hurt either.

I'm going to miss these long walks through the woods when life gets back to normal next week.

LSW

1 comment:

MiniKat said...

Sounds like a lovely way to spend a day.