Sunday, January 25, 2009

More Irritable by the Minute

I hate colds. They just hang on and on and just as you think you might live, you are knocked down by a new symptom.

I'm alive. I'm not sure if that's good news or bad news at this point.

On the positive side, the sore throat seems to finally be clearing up. The bad news is that the whole mess has moved into my ears and I can barely hear. My eyes are still watery and I'm still attacked by sporadic fits of hacking cough. I'm already beginning to wonder if I will be up to going in to work on Monday. It's been a long time since I've missed so much work due to illness. (At least the cat bite episode gave me lots of stories to take back with me. Colds are flat out boring.)

Last night I decided to sleep on the sofa bed since I was having no luck getting any sleep in my own bed. I figured I could sleep somewhat sitting up, which might help my ability to breathe. The dogs didn't even bat an eyelash. They crawled in happily and we all slept fairly well until about 2:30, when we shifted back to our own bed to finish the night. (Sleeper sofas are a convenient thing in a pinch, but those thin mattresses leave a lot to be desired over the long haul.)

Maybe one more day of taking it easy will make a substantial difference. I've finally finished a book that I started a month or so ago and have made a big dent in another one. My new yarn arrived yesterday and I'm hoping I have enough energy sometime today to cast on a new scarf. Little brother is supposed to be bringing me a supply of my favorite tortilla soup from Central Market at lunch.

Maybe things are looking up.

LSW

1 comment:

MiniKat said...

Ugh. I hope you get to feeing better soon.