Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

The good - waking up this morning and watching the news reports from Washington. Such a long wait. Finally we have a chance to start moving forward. May the force be with us.

The bad - waking up this morning with a scratchy throat. It has become evident over the course of the day that despite my running like crazy away from everyone who has been sick lately, the cold bug has finally tackled me. I headed to the grocery store first thing, picked up some cold medicine and started dosing myself every 4 hours, hoping that at least I can keep the misery to a minimum. I'm optimistic, but I don't feel great.

The ugly - red nose, blood-shot eyes, stringy hair, little wads of kleenex tucked in my pockets. Do yourself a favor and keep your distance for the next week.

LSW

1 comment:

MiniKat said...

Eek! Hope you start feeling better soon.