Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Ick

I've never been one to watch pre-presidential election debates. I should have held to that policy, but I've watched both of the Obama-McCain debates and the Biden-Head Cheerleader debate. It's a wonder I still have a working television set in the house. I swear, if I hear one more "my friends" come out of McCain's mouth or one more "maverick" come out of Betty Boop's mouth, I'm going to throw my shoe through the screen.

I thought it was just me, but a few googles around the net clued me in that some folks have made a drinking game out of the debates. The concensus after last night's debate was that there were probably a lot of folks completely wasted afterwards, thanks to the 22 instances of "my friends" in McCain's answers.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember that the rules of debate are that you debate the issue presented and don't switch to a different topic you like better. I realize that Barbie probably doesn't have a clue about proper procedure - I think she really did grow up in a barn - but I expect better from the boys.

This is going to be a long four weeks.

LSW

No comments: