Monday, October 13, 2008

Dull, Dull, Dull

Nothing much happening around here at the moment. I was in such a fog over the weekend that I forgot all about taking the dogs for their nightly walk on Saturday until it had turned dark. Coco and Mojo had tried to remind me, but I just wasn't getting the message and they finally gave up and settled down for naps. When I remembered, I was contrite and told them we could still get out and walk up and down our block. We hooked up their leashes and headed out, but we had not gone much out of our driveway when Mojo balked. He just wasn't comfortable getting away from his porch light. Boogiemen are hard to spot in the dark.

We've spent the weekend piddling around for the most part, moving to our muse. I did a little filing, a little bush trimming, a little laundry, a little cooking, a little knitting, a little rock picking up, a little squirrel chasing and the next thing we knew the weekend was over.

Even the heathen cats have been extraordinarily inactive the last few days. I think they are still not sure whether they are going to be skinned alive for the closet incident and are lying low.

I'm not sure if I am happy with the dull status quo or would wish for a little excitement. The thing is, I know that what passes for excitement around here is not my idea of fun. Maybe I'll just enjoy the peace and quiet for awhile.

In one of our more active moments Sunday, Mojo and I watered plants and filled the water bowls for the birds. Couldn't do it without him. Quality time with my baby.


LSW


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just think of the fun you could have with a couple of fraidy cat terriers with one of those scary Halloween masks..... might have to put them in therapy though...