Thursday, October 23, 2008

Could Not Wait

I've always waited until election day to vote. For one thing, it makes me feel more involved. For another, my polling place is at the entrance to the subdivision and is handier than the early polling place at the courthouse.

But this year I could not wait another minute. I did manage to hold off for a couple of days and miss the crush of activity on Monday. Yesterday they were busy, but there was no line backup when I arrived about 8:30 a.m.

So I've done my part to correct the hideous mistakes made 4 and 8 years ago.

Whatever the outcome, we are at least seeing the waning days of the current administration.

I have to say one thing for them. One of the things I remember vividly from High School history classes was that James Buchanan held the record for the very worst president in the history of the United States. I think the poor man has finally yielded his dubious (dubya?) honor.

LSW

No comments: