Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Splitting My Personality

The new blog is up and ready to receive visitors. Currently going by the handle Building Blocks. You can find a link to it in the left column. It is still in a development mode, so changes in style and direction can be expected from day to day until I get settled in. All these new options that have been added to the Blogger environment are just too tempting and I keep adding things in and taking things out. I adore the new slideshow option and I hope you like it too.

Some of the initial posts to Building Blocks may sound a bit familiar if you are on the mailing list for Family Reunion. I want to resurrect a few sketches I wrote in years past for the newsletter, adding a bit of polish and new details that have surfaced since they appeared there. This will also give me a chance to begin building sketches for my paternal ancestors on the Wilcoxen side. The greater Wilcoxen clan is so scattered that a newsletter format just never fit the situation. Now I have a way to rectify that omission and get their stories told.

I'm excited to have a new playground. It's been a great distraction to take my mind off this terrible heat wave. My neighbor stopped me yesterday to tell me he had been playing golf in 106 degree heat. I don't know which was more appalling - the number or the fact that he was idiot enough to be out playing golf in that kind of environment. I think playing golf is idiocy in any environment, but at 106 degrees it's insane. I'm barely poking my nose out the door these days.

Perfect weather for blogging.

LSW

No comments: