Wednesday, July 09, 2008

The First Week of July

For weeks now I've been watching the corn crop shrivel up and die under the unusually early heat of June.


But on my way home from work a couple of days ago, this was the welcome sight headed our way.

We've actually gotten a few, brief rain showers since then. Too short, but we will take every drop we get and hope that more is on the way. It's been a very long time since the first week of July was cooler than the entire month of June.

I may have mentioned that my Siamese Beta died recently. I've decided to try a different approach with my little aquarium. I'm tired of tending a cranky loner and decided to focus on a friendly fish for awhile. I am cautiously optimistic with our new arrivals, but I remember that tropical fish are a little temperamental and I do not plan to get attached for at least a week, just in case.

Meet Eeny, Meeny, Miney...

And Moe.
I don't know if Moe has a hygiene issue or he's just a solitary sort, but for some reason he's always at the opposite end of the aquarium from the others.

LSW

No comments: