Thursday, June 12, 2008

Time Flies

Where does the time go? I sat down last night and scanned a few "rescued ancestor" pictures and added them to my website. When I updated my "what's new" link, I was reminded that I had made no updates to the site since January. I had no idea it had been that long.

That reminded me that I have a ton of stuff that I need to get posted on my Hodge lines, a lot of it sent to me by Cousin Marty and some of it shortly after I returned from Kentucky. That's when it hit me that it's been 2 months since I returned from Kentucky. Even counting the blur that is my usual May, I was surprised. Time has flown by. I have a lot of catching up to do.

That is not to say that I've been idle. The de-clutter project continues. My home office is a hideous mess at the moment, with piles everywhere. It should all be gone by the end of the month, but right now I'm praying that I don't receive any unexpected company.

I was interested in an article in this past week's issue of Time. It seems that the de-clutter bug has bitten a lot of us. They claim that it is partially a reaction to our national economic woes and the need to regain a semblance of control in our lives. Some folks are taking it to extremes and reducing their burden of possession to 100 things. Some are taking that literally - that they will own no more than 100 individual things. Others take it to mean 100 groups of things (that is, all your shoes count for one thing).

I'm not going to be that fanatical about it, but I sure will be glad when I can see my floor again. Once the big clutter is out of the way, then I can get back to the small clutter. Photos and documents to be filed and website work to be done.

But, wouldn't you know, this week the LDS folks went and put the Texas Death Certificate images online for the years 1903 thru 1976. I've only been searching it for a little over a day and I've already got a whole new stack of paper added to the "to be filed" pile. There's no way I'll ever get caught up, but I'm having a lot of fun.

LSW

No comments: