Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Charlotte at Work

As much antipathy as I have for most things crawly, I have never been afraid of spiders. I rather enjoy watching them. And even though their webs make my house look a little less than tidy, I don't have the heart to destroy what is essentially a work of art.

While I'm not scared of them, I do respect them. I have no idea what kind of spider has taken up residence in the front Asiatic Jasmine bed, so I'm keeping my distance just in case. She was a busy little thing this morning and it was hard to get a photo in focus. She's got quite a web built and she has her little sacs of future meals sprinkled about. I appreciate any being who works as hard as she does.

Ah, to have a job that gives such satisfaction. We should all be so lucky.

LSW

No comments: