Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Behaving Myself

My 4th of July was relatively calm. Grocery shopping was the height of excitement today. After that, I indulged myself in trying out a new (to me) Mexican restaurant in town, since La Cabana was closed.

That accomplished, I spent the afternoon applying stucco to my dollhouse in progress. It's coming along nicely and I hope that by summer's end I will have a mini-Mexican restaurant to add to my street of shops. Nominations are open for a name, which should be unique and not too cute.

About mid-afternoon, the dogs and I took a ramble in the woods and enjoyed the burbling little creek that we have after heavy rain storms. I couldn't talk the dogs into wading in the creek and Mojo was appalled when I briefly stepped across to the other side and he couldn't figure out how he was going to get to me. This evening we are piddling around and they are keeping close for protection from the irregular pops of fireworks.

A nice, quiet day is a nice change of pace once in awhile.

(By the way, the travellers are in Iceland at the moment on the last leg of their trip. They head home on Saturday.)

LSW

No comments: