Sunday, June 03, 2007

Hmm

Ok, for years I've been saying that the reason I got into the dollhouse thing as an adult is that I never had a dollhouse when I was a child. Apparently I was mistaken. Today I was scanning some more old slides and came across the evidence.

At first I thought I just had a collection of dollhouse furniture and then I realized that the dollhouse was standing on end in the background. (I am a little disturbed at the dismembered doll parts that appear to be scattered amongst the furniture.)

So now I have a puzzle. Why don't I remember this dollhouse and what on earth happened to it? The photo evidence may suggest that it was played to death, but that doesn't explain why I have no memory of ever being in possession of the typical metal dollhouse of the fifties.

It now seems that I've always had a propensity for dollhouses. Other slides suggest that I've also always had a small dog or cat in my immediate orbit. Some habits start early.

LSW

No comments: