Friday, May 18, 2007

Oatmeal

That's what my brain feels like these days. Pure glutenous oatmeal. I've been working nights and weekends, trying to get the necessary programming and processing done to keep the gears moving for the 250,000+ letters we send out in May. When I'm in the office I'm answering questions, unpuzzling peculiarities of the new operating environment, keeping folks on track so the work doesn't derail, answering emails and returning phone calls. In short, when I'm in the office I don't get a darned thing accomplished that creates revenue.

I've long since come to grips with the reality that I do not have a personal life in May. I do not get to read my new miniatures magazine or watch my new DVD or go on a wild-goose genealogical chase on the Internet. I do get to listen to some fictional distraction via my collection of audiobooks while I drive to and fro, but that's about it for entertainment between May 1st and May 31st.

I said all of that to say this. I occasionally grab a minute to dash off a quick blog entry and then two days later realize that it is riddled with misspellings and redundant wording. Normally I spend a little more time editing before hitting that post button. I ask that you judge me not too harshly for the moment. My brains have been pummeled into oatmeal and I'm doing well to be stringing more than two words together without it turning into complete gibberish.

Mush, mush, mush.....

LSW

No comments: