Saturday, March 17, 2007

Top of the Morning

And a happy St. Patty's day to all!

Today I celebrate my Irish ancestry through the Dunavan and Hughes lines. These two are Irish for sure and I believe I have Irish blood coming down through some of my other lines as well. My Hughes kinfolk were weavers and may account for my affinity for knitting and crocheting.

Today I also celebrate having a clean house for a change. I ran into my former cleaning lady a couple of weeks ago and she's back in business. Yesterday she cleaned the house from top to bottom and it was quite a job. I did not inherit a love of housecleaning from any of my ancestors and the best I can normally manage is a lick and a promise. (Those promises seldom get fulfilled.) It's just too hard to work up any energy for housecleaning after a week of aggravating work and that two hour commute every day. I plan to sit back and enjoy my clean surroundings today, since I know they won't last very long.

My Irish blood doesn't mind a little dirt in the corners and animals on the furniture, but my English blood thinks it would be nice if we had these clean up sessions a little more often. Which, if my cleaning lady's health holds up for awhile, I hope will happen.

So in honor of St. Patrick's Day and my clean house, I leave you with a traditional Irish blessing:

May you live to be a hundred years,
With one extra year to repent!

LSW

No comments: