Thursday, January 25, 2007

Recovery Room

The operations are over and the kittens are back in residence. A little confused over the whole experience, but feeling okay. When I picked them up yesterday, they proceeded to tell me for SEVENTEEN LONG MILES at the top of their lungs all about the horrible things that were done to them in that awful place. When I opened the door of their cages and they saw their own house, the purring commenced.

Boo's operation, being noninvasive and basically a "snip snip", has little evidence of the hospital stay. Scout, on the other hand, required IV fluids and ended up with two shaved upper front legs. It gives her a very odd appearance, like she's wearing a pair of socks or furry boots. Last night I finally figured out what she reminds me of, but you have to be at least 50 years old to get the reference. Remember the goons from the old Popeye cartoons? Tufts of hair around their ankles? That's Scout at the moment.

I'm supposed to be keeping them to reduced activity for 24 hours. That's a laugh.

LSW

No comments: