Thursday, December 28, 2006

On the Plus Side

This office move thing has resulted in giving me the best Christmas present in years. I know it will be paid for in the unpacking that will be necessary next week, but for now I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy it.

Word came yesterday that the City of Round Rock has not yet cleared us for occupancy, so vacation has been extended yet another day. Thanks to all this extra time this year, I've managed to get some usually hard to schedule errands done and out of the way. I've changed my oil, seen my chiropractor and reflexologist, and today I get my hair done. With nothing on my schedule this morning, I plan to retreat upstairs with the dogs and cats and wallow in laziness until time to see my hairdresser. Good Christmas.

In other news, I've decided I don't need Amelia Barr's home. My new target is the biggest Victorian house in Bastrop, over on Church Street. Up for sale at an asking price of a paltry $1.25 million. If you would like to contribute, let me know and I'll give you my PayPal particulars.

On the other hand, I shelled out a massive amount yesterday for the taxes on my little house. I'm guessing the taxes on that historic estate would be a bit larger. But with your help, we can pull it off!

LSW

No comments: