Friday, December 01, 2006

In the Pink

I had to make a quick run to the mall today to pick up a present for a baby shower that is to be held at the office next Thursday. It has been a very long time since I'd been to a traditional mall. (That is, not the outlet mall which is an outdoor mall.) I had forgotten just how much I don't like being in the mall. At least it was a work day, so the crowd was not nearly as bad as it could be. I was able to get the baby shower present, make a stop at a Hallmark to pick up the card and gift bag, and pick up a Christmas ornament for the office ornament exchange.

To get these tasks accomplished I walked through Macy's and Dillard's and did some rapid window shopping between the two.

Now, I like the color pink. From the time I was a little girl, I knew I looked good in pink and I've worn a lot of it. I was even shopping for a gift for a baby girl and intended to look for something pink. I have nothing against pink.

But as I walked through the clothing departments I became aware of a plethora of the most hideous shade of pink imaginable. Somewhere in the fashion world some clown decided that the hot color for girls this year was Pepto Bismol pink. Every where I looked was more of the same nauseating medicinal color. It was enough to make a person immediately think of their last bout of diarrhea.

And I thought the lime green of two seasons ago was bad.

LSW

No comments: