Thursday, May 25, 2006

Lead Me Not Into Temptation

My mother's doctor's office ticked me off just before lunch time today. When I get snarly, it helps if I get out of the office and find someplace distracting to spend my lunch hour. Usually I go to a book store, but I've got such a pile of books waiting to be read that I'm trying to avoid Border's and Half-Price Books for awhile. I've got enough clothes, so that let out Foley's and Beall's as possible escape routes. I'm overloaded with craft projects, so scratch Hobby Lobby. I was getting desperate for ideas.

It suddenly occurred to me that I had not been to Tuesday Morning since Christmas, so I headed to Burnet Road.

What was I thinking? I don't need anything that you can find at Tuesday Morning. But I left with two big bags full of stuff. The place is evil. They carry everything. I discovered a need for a summer blanket, some dog toys, a bundt pan, a set of gift boxes, a frame, an audio book. I was amazed to find a matching piece to my set of luggage at a greatly reduced price. My escape lunch ended up being a bit costly. But it was good stuff. (The dogs love the new blanket.)

It's hopeless. For every item I decide to put in the stack of things to take off to charity, I bring in a replacement. I'm a sucker for a bargain and I keep getting in trouble as a result. My closets overfloweth.

So what is a gal to do when she needs to escape her life for a bit and lunch is the only time available? God help me, I'm probably going to end up becoming a Starbuck's lounger, pounding away on my laptop while I ingest enough caffeine to keep my eyes wide open all night.

Which brings up my next confession. I finally caved in and tried a new coffee house on Highway 71. I've never really known what to order at a coffee house and usually opt for cappucino. Today I tried a latte. What bliss! The stuff is sinfully good. I fear it will become a regular stop.

So I did not do well in resisting temptation today. Guess I will just have to try again tomorrow.

LSW

No comments: