Sunday, January 01, 2006

Ring out the Old, Ring in the New

So long 2005. Good riddance.

I have mixed feelings about 2005. On the one hand, it was full of stress and distress. I lost my beloved Bebop to old age in April. I lost my cat Maggie to unknown sources in July. I lost cousin Ray in December. I watched and worried during the hurricanes, not only for the displaced humans, but especially for the poor animals left behind during the Louisiana evacuation. I watched my parents' health decline.

On the other hand, my own health has seen improvement as I continue to stabilize following the wild hormonal swings of peri-menopause. Despite the losses and stresses of the year, I feel better than I've felt in several years.

I gained two bouncing babies who have provided a source of continuing love and entertainment.

My genealogy muse has returned after a lengthy vacation and I'm raring to go find more dead people.

So there was good and bad in 2005. Whatever 2006 has in store, I hope the positive outweighs the negative. Full steam ahead!


Xana, Mojo & Coco
My babies


LSW

No comments: