Friday, January 13, 2006

Getting Ready

Today we cast Cindy and Lana in the roles of Lucy and Ethel in the episode "Getting Our Passports". Well it wasn't quite like that. Neither of us had to consider stowing away in a trunk because we couldn't find our birth certificates. We didn't almost miss the window for getting our application in due to riding around Town Lake loaded on dramamine. But we (that is, I) did hit one snag in the department of passport photos. It took three tries to get one that was acceptable. The government wants you to wear your glasses in the picture and mine insisted on creating glare that made me look addled. Lord knows I don't need any help in that direction, so we kept trying until we got a winner. I look like a dumpy little old lady, but at least I don't have x's where my pupils should be.

So all systems should be go come October when we depart for a seven day Carribbean genealogy cruise. No, we don't have ancestors in the Carribbean. We will be attending genealogy flavored classes and presentations when we're not sightseeing in the Virgin Islands and the Bahamas. There's a great slate of speakers scheduled, we're requesting a cabin with its own balcony and we will be doing anti-hurricane dances as the time approaches to sail away.

That's one of my New Year's resolutions down. I've toyed with the idea of getting a passport for a couple of years and the process is finally in motion. Now I start working on getting the fence for the dogs and the window shades replaced.

And, just for the record, my first resolutions for the year are having positive benefits. My back is feeling so much better and my feet aren't hurting nearly so bad. I'm actually glad that I made myself go see doctors. First time in five years that I haven't had subliminal pain to deal with. I may very well have to eat my words about doubting chiropractors.

LSW

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HOORAY for you!
I'm so excited for you I could burst - I love it when people explore.
I've enjoyed your blog, and hope you continue...
Your Old Neighbor