Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Newest Pet Peeve

To begin with, I have nothing against pickup trucks. I drove one for four years and it was one of the best vehicles I ever owned. But, my newest pet peeve concerns male drivers of pickup trucks in Texas.

For Pete's sake, boys. Stop opening your driver's side door when you're waiting for a light change and shooting out a load of brown spit. If you have to indulge in such a disgusting, filthy habit, have the decency to carry along a spit cup and keep your vices to yourself. Don't involve me by forcing me to witness your lack of couthness. Ick.

By the way, try dating a girl that chews and spits. Do you really find it an attractive habit when you find yourself in kiss mode? I'd sooner kiss the fireplace grate.

I've lived in Texas all my life, but until recently I had not been witness to so many different streams of spit flying out pickup doors. I'm all for letting folks march to their own drummer, but keep in mind who's around that might be watching or listening. Let's not lose our sense of common decency. Bleah.

LSW

No comments: